Before and After

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

So far so good!

Yesterday was the first day of "no sweets at the shop" challenge and I did great. It's going to be a stressful week, five wedding cakes, a grooms cake and three smaller ones. I have to admit I ate more raisins than I needed, and a handful of altoids, but much better than cake and frosting.
I really think that a sugar addiction is similar to other substance addictions. Something happens in my brain that makes it so hard not to dive into the frosting bowl head first.
I keep telling myself that I lost 133 pounds and made lots of cakes at the same time. I'm up eight ponds from my happy weight. I want that off, but mostly I feel so much better when I'm eating clean.
I wonder how many people that struggle with their weight have sugar addictions.

1 comment:

  1. I've done the Altoids trick - that certainly does kill an immediate sugar craving.

    You lost all that weight and made cakes the entire time??? Dang. Impressive!!!

    ReplyDelete

 
template by suckmylolly.com